PhD and PostDoc Positions
LUXEM at the University of Pavia encourages prospective candidates to apply!
Ph.D. STUDENTS: should have graduated in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or related subjects and be passionate about scientific research and innovation.
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS: should have PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or related field, with a proven track record in ultrafast laser physics and/or in algorithm development & optimization, and good programming skills.
Targeted functionality in hierarchical architectures can be engineered by controlling their assembly, heterogeneity, disorder, thereby increasing dramatically the exploration space for enhanced function. We harness ultrafast methods for EUV microscopy and electrons speckle imaging to:
- Understand the role of heterogeneity, interfaces, disorder in 2D nanostructured assemblies
- Characterize hierarchical architectures beyond equilibrium
- Exploit advances in imaging modalities across multiple scales
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English, any other language is a plus
- Highly motivated, dynamic and creative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude for teamwork, with a sense of responsibility, attention to detail
- Strong propensity for problem solving & critical thinking
- Competitive salary & possibility of international training in partner labs
- Work in a world-class laboratory for ultrafast laser physics
- Highly motivating, multi-cultural & cross-disciplinary team
- Exciting professional exchange in a fast-growing high-tech environment
HOW TO APPLY
Send to email@example.com your application including your CV and motivation letter, with reference letters or reference contacts.
Prof. Giulia Fulvia Mancini
Physics Department, University of Pavia
Address: Via Agostino Bassi 6, 27100 Pavia (PV), ITALY
Phone: +39 0382 987503